More professional courses:
Basmart Health offers a range of professional training courses in the fields of medical services and integrated health development.
We are considered unique in this type of advanced training, which reflects an excellent ability to deal with the finer details in medical and health care.
Medical Disaster Management
Medical disaster management or Disaster medicine is the area of medical specialization serving the dual areas of providing health care to disaster survivors and providing medically related disaster preparation, disaster planning, disaster response and disaster recovery leadership throughout the disaster life cycle.
Disaster medicine specialists provide insight, guidance and expertise on the principles and practice of medicine both in the disaster impact area and healthcare evacuation receiving facilities to emergency management professionals, hospitals, healthcare facilities, communities and governments. The disaster medicine specialist is the liaison between and partner to the medical contingency planner, the emergency management professional, the incident command system, government and policy makers.
In this state of the art course we will be discussing personal and hospital-based preparedness for disasters and large-scale public health emergencies. This course will provide students with a heightened awareness and understanding of the natural and man-made hazards that create disaster events. Each topic in the course is presented by a leader and subject matter expert, allowing students to learn from some of the most highly-recognized stakeholders in disaster preparedness. Course content is designed to assist health care providers and students in acquiring cutting-edge, evidence-based disaster knowledge and skills in order to respond in a timely and appropriate manner and ultimately to increase hospital surge capacity.
Basmart Health has developed an advanced training program in the field of medical disaster management according to international standards, and includes the following:
Module (1):Disaster Preparedness: Overview
- Basic Foundational Concepts of Disaster Preparedness.
- Incident Command System and Leadership at the Unit Level.
- Disaster Communication and Situational Awareness.
- Establishing Personal and Family Preparedness.
- Disaster Resources.
Module (2):Hospital-Based Readiness
- Hospital Preparedness Overview.
- Creating Surge Capacity (Lifeboat Ethics).
- Disaster and Mass Casualty Triage.
- Workforce Readiness and Willingness to Respond.
- Disaster Drills.
Module (3): Terrorism
- Active Shooter and Dangerous Persons.
- Terrorism, Bomb Threats, and Other Internal Threats.
- Burn Casualty Management.
- Bomb and Blast Injury Management.
Module (4): Chemical and Radiation Events
- Chemical Emergencies.
- Radiation Emergency Management Overview.
- Responding to Radiation Events.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Module (5):Pandemic Influenza and Emerging Infections
- Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza.
- Responding to Emerging Infectious Disease Outbreaks.
- Disease Containment Strategies.
- Protective Equipment for Safety During Infectious Disease Outbreaks.
Module (6):Natural Disasters
- Planning for Natural Disasters.
- Activation of the Hospital in Response to Natural Disasters.
- Morbidity and Mortality Related to Natural Disasters.
- Advancing the Science: Current Research Efforts.
- Sphere Standards.
- Q and A “Ask Us Anything”.